Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Does Halloween upstage Easter?

I just read the cutest Children's Book about the different holidays throughout the year. The book is 'Over and Over,' by Charlotte Zalotow. All the days we celebrate in the year are fun but I think Halloween is my fave.
My sister and I were talking about the celebrations we have through the year and we realized something about the emphasis and energy we put on each. It appears we are not too steady sometimes with the amount of time and planning we put into these events. Halloween is the first big thing we celebrate at the beginning of the school year and can be so BIG, since there's lots of lead up. But by Sping we get a little tired! We realized that sometimes at Eastertime we find ourselves pooped out... not a lot of activities planned, or special things to make it meaningful. And it's SUCH a great holiday! Spence and I decorated cupcakes this year, which isnt bad I guess but there's so much more that we could do! Halloween we had some great costumes going and went to a huge dance, Easter was more quiet. So this year I want to have a little more 'holiday celebtration energy' for Easter time and maybe have people over to decorate eggs! Or have a dinner! Or even have an egg hunt! Or go on a spring time hike or have a spring tea (Mercedes?) Until then... halloween costume ideas have a while to brew... is this why Halloween is one of my faves? Because I have lots of time to think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment